I Want To Report Suspected Animal Cruelty or Neglect

AWIC often receives reports of suspected animal cruelty or neglect. In most cases involving domestic animals or livestock, these reports should be made to a state or local police department or animal control agency. This interactive map displays contact information for government agencies and private organizations that respond to animal cruelty reports.

The National Agricultural Law Center provides the text of each state's animal cruelty statutes.

Concerns about the care of animals in laboratories, zoos, circuses, or marine mammal parks should be sent to USDA, APHIS, Animal Care, the agency responsible for licensing and enforcement of the Animal Welfare Act (AWA).

How to Use the Map: Use the scroll bar on the left to zoom in and out. Drag the map around to center locations. Click on a placemarker on the map to display agency information. Large red placemarkers provide broad information in a state. The smaller green placemarkers are local contacts.

The data was compiled by AWIC summer students. The map is not complete. If you would like us to add information, send us the name of the agency, address, phone numbers, email, URL, and a short description. Also, please let us know if any information needs updating.