Farm AnimalsCanada's Farm Animal Welfare Infrastructure
Canadian Food Inspection Agency/L'Agence canadienne d'inspection des aliments.
A summary of Canada's legislative and voluntary animal welfare standards.
New Zealand's Code of Recommendations and Minimum Standards
Biosecurity New Zealand.
- Emergency Slaughter of Farm Livestock (Dec. 1996)
- Boarding Establishments (Aug. 1993)
- Animals at Saleyards (May 1995)
- Time of Slaughter at Licensed and Approved Premises (July 1996)
- Bobby Calves (Aug. 1993)
- Deer During the Removal of Antlers (Jan. 1992)
- Layer Hens (Sept. 1996)
- Livestock from which Blood is Harvested for Commercial and Research Purposes (Apr. 1996)
- Ostriches and Emus (Aug. 1993)
- Pigs (Jan. 1994)
- Sheep and Beef Cattle (2010)
India: Animal Welfare Laws and Regulations
Government of India. Ministry of Environment and Forests.
Access to all current Indian Federal animal welfare legislation and rules.
Ireland Animal Health and Welfare
Ireland. Department of Agriculture and Food/An Roinn Talmhaíochta Agus Bia.
Access to all Irish guidelines, best practices, legislation, and requirements for farm animals. Also includes information on European Union farm animal directives and stautory instruments for the past six years.
On-farm Animal Welfare
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
In the United Kingdom, all farmed animals are protected by the Animal Welfare Act of 2006. This page provides detailed information for most farm animal species.
Trade and Imports of Live Animals in the European Union
The general animal health requirements that are applicable to both imports and intra-community trade are laid down in specific Council Directives that can be found on this site.